picture of coins spilling from a jar labelled pension

Broadlands Partnership fails with the FSCS

The Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) has declared Welsh advice firm Broadlands Partnership as failed.

An update posted to the lifeboat fund’s website on 14th June said that the Bridgend-based firm “no longer exists,” and that it is now accepting claims against the company.

The FSCS said it had upheld one claim against the firm relating to pension advice, with seven other claims unsuccessful. The lifeboat fund also confirmed that the successful claim was not related to the British Steel Pension Scheme (BSPS) scandal.

According to the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) register, the firm had not been authorised to provide regulated activities since August 2012. In addition, Companies House records show that the company appointed liquidators in December 2020 and that insolvency and liquidation processes remain ongoing.

The FCA register shows that Broadlands Partnership traded as Manning Gee Investments from July 2011 until entering liquidation and previously traded as Concept Wealth Management, Wynne Evans Trading as Evans Jones & Co, and Dragon Financial.

If your adviser fails, you can still claim compensation

If your financial adviser or pension provider fails, you can still claim compensation for unsuitable advice.

All claims relating to failed firms go to the FSCS, which can award up to £85,000 in compensation, depending on when you received the financial advice in question and when any pension transfer or purchasing of a pension product occurred. While £85,000 may not represent your total losses, it is still a significant sum that could help you get your retirement plans back on track.

You do not need to use a law firm or claims management company to get pension mis-selling compensation from the FSCS; however, if you’d prefer another party to bring your claim and manage your case on your behalf, LawPlus Solicitors can help you.

Get in touch now for a free, no-obligation review of your pension advice, transfer, or product, and take the first steps to getting the compensation you deserve.

Get in Touch

Fill in the form below to tell us your details, and we’ll get started.